Announcement : 

Community Notice – New Principal Announced

The Ngaere School Board is very excited to announce the appointment of Shane Burgess as our new Principal as of the 14th October 2024. The Ngaere School community can be assured that the selection process was robust and thorough. We listened to the staff and community feedback. The board believes Shane will be an excellent leader for our kura and we’re looking forward to welcoming him at the start of Term 4.

Ngā mihi nui ki a koutou katoa
Ko Shane Burgess tōku ingoa

I am immensely excited and feel very privileged to have been offered the role as Tumuaki/Principal at Ngaere School.
I’m currently employed as the Deputy Principal at Tawhiti School in Hāwera, having returned to New Zealand from London at the end of 2017. I have taught and led in a number of schools around the country over the past 20 years but have always been proud to call Taranaki ‘home.’

Hugely passionate about Music, The Performing Arts, Te Aō Māori and Education Outside of the Classroom, I’m looking forward to the opportunity of leading a school with long held traditions and a real community spirit.

My wife Jade and I are the proud parents of two wonderful children – Maia and George, who I’m sure you’ll meet in and around the school, on the side of the sports fields and bounding into many school and community events over the next few years.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know the Ngaere community in the very near future.

Ngā manaakitanga
Shane Burgess

Shane Burgess.jpg